Become a volunteer mediator in your community!
Get trained, get involved!
Thursday, August 24, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Friday, August 25, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Saturday, August 26, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Download Mediator Application Here
Download Event Flyer Here
Become a volunteer mediator. Help balance and restore your community one relationship at a time. The training will provide necessary skills for facilitating mediations between victims and juvenile offenders. Over 87% of our juvenile offenders to not re-offend and are able to move forward in their young lives thanks to our volunteers!
- Must be 18 or older
- $10 for community members with commitment to mediate at least three cases
- $5 for students
- $250 for community members without commitment
- Must attend all sessions
- Application due August 21, 2017
- Bilingual speakers are especially encouraged to apply
- Once trained, finger printing and background check are required prior to mediating (paid by RJP)
- Jennie Burciaga, Executive Director
- Pascuala M. Rios, Deputy Probation Officer III, Monterey County RJ Coordinator
- Veronica Miramontes, Victim Offender Reconciliation Program Coordinator
- Arleen de la Pena, Restorative Justice in the Schools Case Manager
Northridge Mall (Community Room). Light meals will be provided during trainings.