Victim Offender Reconciliation Program Mediation Training
Become a volunteer mediator. Help balance and restore your community one relationship at a time. The training will provide necessary skills for facilitating mediations between victims and juvenile offenders. Over 87% of our juvenile offenders to not re-offend and are able to move forward in their young lives thanks to our volunteers!
February 9 (5:30 to 8:30 pm) and 10 (8:30 am to 3:30 pm)
- Must be 18 years +
- Free for students
- $15 for community members
- Must attend both sessions
- Application must be submitted by February 2
- Bilingual speakers are especially encouraged to apply
- Once trained, finger printing and background check are required prior to mediating (paid by RJP)
- The training will be held at Monterey Peninsula College (room is TBC)
- Meals will be provided during trainings.
- Jennie Burciaga, Executive Director
- Pascuala M. Rios, Deputy Probation Officer III, Monterey County RJ Coordinator
- Veronica Miramontes, Victim Offender Reconciliation Program Coordinator
- Arleen de la Pena, RJ in the Schools Case Manager